Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Daring Greatly!"

January 3, 2015

     Dare:   1. to have the necessary courage or boldness for something; be bold enough:   2. to have the boldness to try; venture; hazard.   3. to meet defiantly; face courageously.   4. to challenge or provoke (a person) into a demonstration of courage:   5. an act of daring or defiance.

     Greatly:   1. greatness.

 Great:   1. unusually or comparatively large in size or dimensions: big.   2. unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.   3. first-rate; excellent, having unusual merit.  4. of notable or lofty character.   5. enthusiastic about some specified activity.

     "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly.... who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly!"

~Theodore Roosevelt

    I picked up the book "Daring Greatly" by Dr. Brene' Brown a few months ago and I tell ya, I couldn't put it down until I finished it.  In the book she talks a lot about shame, vulnerability and how to recognize it.  She also talks about daring greatly by getting off the sidelines, getting off the bench and getting into the ring of life by trying, and if by chance while trying you fall, or maybe even fail at least you got off your rump and dared to do.  When I heard the quote by Theodore Roosevelt, I knew that I was going to be the one that would dare greatly again.  Reading the quote was confirmation and solace for me.  I felt like someone understood me and had my back even if I failed at all that I attempted to do, I found serenity in knowing that it takes courage to put myself out in front of others to open my mouth and share my ideas, and thoughts.

                                          "2015 is the Year of Daring Greatly!!"

     This year I will Dare to dream and then do what's necessary to bring my dreams into fruition.  I Dare to say YES to myself and life.  I Dare to live life to it's fullest even knowing that I have to step out alone on my own,  I choose to live life!  I Dare to love myself, Lolita Arnez Jackson enough to give me all that I deserve and more.  I won't wait for someone else to validate my worth,  I know that I am worthy of my best love, the same love that I pour into any and everyone else that comes across my path.  If they even look like they need it, there I am giving it, pouring out of my cup until there's nothing left and then I'll go get and go do more, yet as my cup empties and my well runs dry I have nothing left to fill my depleted vessel.

     This YEAR in 2015, I am my own "Passion Project".  I am Passionately loving myself more than anyone and anything else in this world. This year I AM  putting the oxygen mask on myself (Lolita) first by letting 2015 be the year of me working a selfish program.  What a great way to put my plan and program to work and action and wouldn't I know it that as soon as I opened up my mouth and spirit to acceptance of my new found awareness, the first 6 days of the New Year has me home alone with no one around, just myself in stillness and solitude (that all by itself is daunting for me) daring to continue to open myself up to vulnerability and uncertainty.  It's here, right here that I've found myself so many times before, right on the verge of success, I see it, it looks good, yet it's also here that I,in the past will turn around and run from that which terrifies me "SUCCESS".  I would never dare to face emotional exposure are you kidding me?  I'd rather walk on broken glass with my bare feet.  I'm not doing that to myself anymore.  I dare to take the necessary risk of exposure, uncertainty and vulnerability by doing the work, sweating it out, running the race to victory!


"The secret to success is not to try to avoid or get rid of or shrink from your problems; the secret is to grow yourself so that you are bigger than any problem."

~T. Harv Eker


No comments:

Post a Comment