Sunday, January 29, 2012

"In The Middle of It"

January 29, 2012......

Not long ago I had a moment in my life that was rare.  I was caught on tape testifying if you will.  Well, one of the things that seemed to weigh heavy on me was that I would continue to give thanks and praise to God in the middle of the storm.  I kept repeating, "in the middle of it."  Right now I want to echo those sentiments.  I woke up this morning and it seemed as if my thighs were rubbing together and bigger than what they normally are, now I would have to ask myself "how could that be?"  I've been working out, I haven't stuck to a regimen nutritionally but I am working on it.  I know I haven't been walking as much as I could have, toward the end of the month I let other things get in the way of me, however; I know that I've done enough to show some kind of a difference. Any other time if I had of awakened to thighs rubbing against each other I probably would have rolled over, called out the calvary and cried me a river.  I didn't do that today, instead I came up with a plan of action on how to eliminate that problem.  I had to think of the things that I haven't incorporated into my wellness plan.  I know that I haven't done any strength training, I haven't picked up any resistance bands, I haven't done not one lunge, gotten into one swimming pool, walked up or down one major hill.  This last past month, I've been playing powder puff football.

 It's time to get out on the field and take one for the team.  It's time for me to get a little dirty, dirty!!  It's time to hit the bricks, get into that gym and get in.

 It's been 30 days, and I do feel good.  I brought in the New Year the way that I wanted and January, 2012 has been a good month for me, bringing a good start to the year!!  I can't wait till February!!!

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential......these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."  --By Eddie Robinson, Grambling University Football Coach


"L"

No comments:

Post a Comment