Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Cleanse"

January 26, 2012........

I received a confirmation today that it is time to cleanse my body, mind and soul.  In order to do that I must first start with my body.  I have been talking a lot lately about juicing, detoxing and purging my system of all toxins.  I know that I can't just talk about it any longer.

I watched a show today about a lady who had an incurable disease and she had to make the tough decision to pull out all the stops for her to be healed.  She talked about the difficulty of cleansing her system, cutting out all of the foods that she had come to love.  This particular lady didn't have a weight problem, she just didn't always eat the right foods.  She was diagnosed with an incurable disease, she felt she had no alternative but to eat raw, healthy foods.  I watched her eyes as she recalled the purging process her body went through, it looked as if she agonized.  Yet, like so many other stories I've heard about people who dared to walk the road less traveled to health and wellness, it was worth every drop of vegetable juice and every bite of a carrot or two.  She did say that eventually, her body started to respond to the good, fresh foods that she was putting in her system and she healed her body, consequently her mind and spirit were by products of a healthy body.

 You know the saying happy wife, happy life, well, I believe, happy body, happy life.

Here's drinking to you kid!!  Today I toast to the future.  I look forward toward the purging process.

Cleanse: 1. to make clean.  2. to remove by or as if by cleaning.

Purge: 1. to rid of impurities; cleanse; purify.  2. the removal or elimination of.  3. to clear or empty.

"Dipped in chocolate, bronzed with elegance, enameled with grace, toasted with beauty. My Lord, she is a Black Woman!!"  -- by Yosef Ben-Jochannan, Historian

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way."---by Booker T. Washington, Educator

Today I will listen to the beatings of my heart. I will become what I am destined to become.----       by Dennis Kimbro

Truly,


LaLaLolita

No comments:

Post a Comment