Monday, January 9, 2012

"Believe"

January 9, 2012......I received a beautifully embossed grey envelope in the mail today with shiny red letters that said "Believe".   The gorgeous picture on the cover was the one and only Jennifer Hudson promoting the weight watchers program.  I know that I said I'm not on a diet, because I don't like to use the word diet, however I realize that I must find a nutritional program that I can follow and stick to.  I know that I must be realistic with whatever I choose.  I do know for sure that I am not going to follow the next quick scheme that comes along and lose a lot of weight only to gain it back 6 months from now.  The information packet gave me enough information to spark my curiosity even further about weight watchers.  I did go to our local weight watchers office about a month ago and inquired about their program and meetings.  While researching weight watchers they had a lot of positive things that I liked.  One of the things that stood out to me was the points plus program, you can choose from thousands of recipes and food items listed by points you receive daily depending on the number of calories you have allocated to you for the day and when you have used your points up for the day you know that you haven't gone over in your calories, fat grams, sugar, salt, etc;   I am interested in what they have to offer.  I like the fact that I can go to meetings on a weekly basis and do weigh ins, and also have a group of people who share the same concerns and problems that I do.  Until I make a decision about how I am going to go about the nutritional phase of my wellness plan, I will continue to monitor what I eat by not over indulging on anything.

I do believe in myself and my abilities.  I have a made up mind, so much so that tonight I was exhausted, I mean exhausted.  Yet, I got my self up out of the bed at 10:45 pm and went on a 30 minute walk.....I am committed.  Once I get outside it feels great.

Today, take time out for yourself.....Believe in yourself!!!  We can do all things through Christ!!

Take Care,

"L"

No comments:

Post a Comment