Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"I Am Here!!"

January 30, 2012.....

I have been heavily engrossed in the launching of a Leadership Academy with my son and a dear friend lately.  I am extremely excited about the prospect of seeing these eager little beavers at the elementary school step up to be the future leaders of tomorrow.  They will be lead by our high school students in an after school mentoring/tutoring program.  I heard a song today that had me think about what I'm doing with these children in this program?  I started to think about whether I would be making a difference in their lives?  (or not)  And just how much of an impact my life is making? 

I love to help people sometimes to a fault.  I always go for the under dog, and don't mess with one of my children, it doesn't matter if I gave birth to you or not, once I adopt you, you're mine.  I look at the students that are going to be participating in the Leadership Academy.  I love all of these kids so much.  I know that I am truly blessed to be in their presence.  I have the privilege and honor to be in the company of a very diverse group of students that want to make a difference and that is so powerful and dynamic that these kids want to make an impact in the lives of their younger brothers and sisters.

I used to run from moments like this.  It used to be that if I didn't get support, I would quit, knowing that God had given me an awe inspiring idea.  I remember that I had an idea to give shoes away to people that needed them.  I had a name for the non-profit, I had the business plan and everything.  I went to my first potential board meeting and I'll never forget one of the men laughed at me.  This was back in 1998, I remember leaving there thinking maybe I was wrong about seeing a wear house full of shoes going around the world to little children that needed them.  Maybe I will just start collecting a few shoes here and there and I will give them out at Thanksgiving with a food basket and that would be good enough.  Well, that wasn't good enough.  The vision was cast from God to put shoes on the feet of young children that needed them.  I was told to go, by any means necessary.  Failure should not have been an option for me, yet I didn't see further than the laugh.  Consequently, Blake Mycoskie did.  Blake, took the idea of putting a pair of shoes on needy children's feet and turned it into a multi-million dollar business.  His wear house if full of shoes going all over the world.  Today, I will never turn my back on a God inspired idea or vision.  The Leadership Academy will launch tomorrow, laugh or not, support or not.  Blake says for us to start something that matters, my hope and prayer from my son and myself if that what we're doing matters.  We hope that a little child will have a God given idea and will believe that they can do anything they dream of doing!!

I want to share this song with you tonight, the night before the launch of:

"Club F.R.E.S.H. Minority Leadership Academy" (Future Relevant Empowered Students of Honor)

By Beyonce.........."I Was Here"

"I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time.  Know there was something that, and something that I left behind.  When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets.  Leave something to remember, so they won't forget.  I was here.  I lived.  I loved.  I was here.  I did.  I've done, everything that I wanted.  And it was more than I thought it would be.  I will leave my mark so everyone will know, I was here.  I want to say I lived each day, until I die.  And know that I meant something in somebody's life.  The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave.  That I made a difference, and this world will see.  I was here.  I lived.  I loved.  I was here.  I did.  I've done, everything that I wanted.  And it was more than I thought it would be.  I will leave my mark so everyone will know.  I was here.  That I gave my all, did my best, brought someone to happiness.   Left this world a little better just because,  I AM HERE!!!"


"Our Deepest Fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."  -----------      By Marianne Williamson  (most famous from Nelson Mandela}


My Dearest Students--I Am Proud Of You!!!  You Are Leaders!!


LaLaLolita



No comments:

Post a Comment