Friday, March 13, 2015

"Laughing With Lolita!!"

March 13, 2015


     It's Friday, March 13, 2015 and I feel like laughing.  I want you to laugh!  Today is a good day.  We all need humor in our lives. I was out and about today and I noticed scowls on faces, blue and somber moods.  It just wasn't a good look.  I knew what I would be blogging about tonight.  I want to do my part to spread a little humor and laughter.


Laughter and humor is truly medicine for the soul..........


"You know when you're getting old when?"


  • You finally find something you've been looking for, for ages, but can't remember WHY you wanted it.
  •  You can't finish a conversation because you don't remember what you were talking          about.
  •  You can't be tried by a jury of your peers because there are none.
  •   Everyone is happy to give you a ride because they don't want you behind the wheel. 
  •    You walk with your head high, trying to get used to your bifocals.

Less common sense:

     Two inexperienced hunters bought a bird dog.  They took the dog out to give it a try.  After a long while one man said to the other, "Well, we'll throw him up in the air one more time.  If he still doesn't fly, I guess we'll have to return him."


Answering the question:

     A man walked into a bar and sat down next to a man with a dog at his feet. "Does your dog bite?"
he asked.  "No," said the man.  A few minutes later the dog took a bite of the man's leg.  "Hey! I thought you said your dog doesn't bite."  "That's not my dog," replied the man.



Q:  "Do you recall the time that you examined the body?"

A:  "The autopsy started around 8:30 P.M."

Q:  "And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time!"

A:  "No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy."



Anatomy of a Laugh

  • Your heart and lungs are stimulated.
  • Your heart beats faster and your blood pressure rises temporarily.
  • You breathe deeper and oxygenate more blood.
  • Your body releases endorphins, your own natural pain killers, and you produce more immune cells.
  • You burn seventy-eight times as many calories as you would in a resting state.
  • Your diaphragm, facial muscles and internal organs all get bounced around in a message sometimes called "internal jogging."

* Healing Through Humor by Charles and Frances Hunter*




"To know is nothing at all, to imagine is everything!"
by Anatole France


"You can be anything you want to be, if only you believe with sufficient conviction and act in accordance with your faith; for whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
~Napoleon Hill


Forever More, I'll Love For Sure,
Forever More, A Heart So Pure
Forever More, From Dawn til Dusk
Forever More, My Love , Our Trust
by Lolita Jackson

1 comment: