Friday, April 10, 2015

"What I Know For Sure"

April 9, 2015


Oprah Winfrey wrote a book called "What I Know For Sure?"  In the book she tells of different things and experiences she's had in her life that she knows for sure.  Oprah was stumped by the question many years ago when she was in an interview and she was asked that very question, "Oprah, what do you know for sure?"

Up until then Oprah hadn't really thought about what she knew for sure, which left her with something to ponder and the question went to be a column in her magazine, and now she's published a book with excerpts from parts of her column and her life.

I have the audio version of the book and the book itself.  I love to read the book and ride in my car and listen to Oprah talk about the things she knows for sure.  Of course I've thought about the things that I know for sure and like Oprah I was stumped when thinking about the question.  I've thought how would I answer that question if asked, "Lolita, what do you know for sure?"

Well, this I know for sure is that today in my life I know that I am Loved.  It's taken me a long time to know that for sure.  It's taken me half a century to even feel like I'm loved and today I know for sure that I AM LOVED!

I'm surrounded by a core group of people that love me and I love them.  The bible says that wisdom is the principle thing, but  when you feel love, love feels like the principle thing.

If you were asked the question, "What do you know for sure?"  Do you know how you would answer it?

I admonish you to take some time to think about what you know for sure and spread the gratuity.


I Love You.  Take Care Always,

La La Lolita Lovely,




"That best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love."
~ William Wordsworth





No comments:

Post a Comment