Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Going Fishing........!"

April 18, 2015



     Today I went fishing!  It's that time of the year for me again and it was great!  Being out in the sunshine coming in contact with people, inhaling the summer smells of grills blazing and kettle corn poppers popping kernels was wonderful!

     I have a saying that I used to say when I was a practicing "Religious Christian."  I used to say that I have to catch the fish before I try and clean the fish, meaning "sinner."

    The reason I say that I was a practicing "Religious Christian" is that I was sooooo religious that I was no earthly good.

     Now, I do believe that catching fish first is the best practice or belief to have for any human being, but; due to my religious hang up it stifled my ability to be an effective fisherman.

I truly believed in one way that inhibited my ability to accept people as they are with their own denominations, spiritual practices, etc;.
   
     Thank God for DELIVERANCE!  I now have the ability to LOVE any and everybody irregardless of what they do or don't do with their personal lives.......

     I have a Kettle Corn business and EVERYDAY that we go out into the highways and by-ways to be in public and come in contact with people is an opportunity to go fishing.  I'm not trying to fish for people to recruit for any church or for my beliefs but I am fishing so to speak to be a beacon of light to any and every person that I come in contact with,  I truly believe that if I can share a smile, a hug, or give someone a sample of kettle corn or even give someone a bag because I know that if they had the money they would pay for it, then my day as a fisherman of light has been a day of effective ministry.  Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee and say Simon Peter and Andrew and he told them to "come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men!"

Putting my light of love out on a bushel and not hiding it behind the walls of my home or even in a church house is my truth and my purpose here on this earth.

     Today, I know that I've been called to be a "Beacon of  Light" by being the "Church by the Side of The Road" sharing the Love of God by being his hands extended in any way that God deems necessary meeting people just as they are and exactly where they are!


Take Care My Angels!


Love Always,


La La Lolita Lovely!


"Lolita is the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Lolita is to let her light so shine before men, that they may see her good works, and glorify Lolita's Father which is in heaven."


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~Marianne Williamson


No comments:

Post a Comment