Monday, February 6, 2012

"Fly Like An Eagle"

February 6, 2012........

Have you ever studied and eagle?  I never really thought about eagles until I was out walking and seen one in my community.  I even have pictures of that eagle.  He/She was beautiful!!  I was surprised to see an eagle in my neighborhood, perched in my neighbors tree, the eagle sat there and let everyone stare at it, never moved anything but his head from side to side, at one point not even his head moved, just his eyes, and that mad me curious.  I wanted to know everything there was to know about the eagle.....Why was that eagle even in my neighborhood in the first place?  What made the eagle so comfortable that it would just sit there O' so close, yet so far away, up in that tree?  I wanted to know more about the characteristics of the eagle!!

What I discovered is that an eagle soars, even in the midst of a storm.  If the weather gets bad, the eagle will fly high, higher than the circumstances surrounding it.  The eagle has keen vision, the ability to see 270 miles away.  I would say that the eagle was a visionary.  The eagle is a leader, the eagle doesn't sit around on the ground hanging around with the pecking buzzards and hens, no sir, the eagle rises above to new heights as he flies, the eagle doesn't use his wings to lift him up, the wind lifts the eagle, he just spreads his wings and flies.

When I think about what it takes to set goals and reach them it may require us to think like an eagle and ask ourselves what would the eagle be doing in our everyday lives, situations and circumstances?  Would the eagle waddle around on the ground, hen pecking, getting dirty like a dirty ugly duckling?  Or, would the eagle lift himself up, see way down the road where he needs to go, then let the storm lift him up higher so that he rises above with the ability to fly over 150 miles per hour and see his way up out the storm, flying on to better, sunnier, blue skies?  I think so....

I want to have the characteristics of an eagle.  I want to soar.  When the going gets tough, I'll rise up and fly!!

I'm reminded of a song that I would like to share with you ~~ By R. Kelly...... "I Believe I Can Fly!!"


"I used to think that I could not go on, and life was nothing but an awful song.  But now I know the meaning of true love, I'm leaning on the everlasting arms....If I can see it, then I can do it.  If I just believe it, there's nothing to it.  I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky.  I think about it every night and day.  Spread my wings and fly away.  I believe I can soar.  I see myself running through that open door.  See I was on the verge of breaking down.  Sometimes silence can seem so loud.  There are miracles in life I must achieve,  but first I know it starts inside of me.  If I can see it, then I can be it.  If I just believe it, there's nothing to it.  Hey, cause I believe in me!!  Hey, if I just spread my wings, I can fly!!!"      ~~By R. Kelly


"Give me what sustains me.  Help me to find what I need to keep going in my life, to find what propels me and gives me energy.  Bring purpose to my actions so they have meaning to my soul.  This is sustained through my personal symbols of success that come from my visions of possibility.  I'm asking for clarity of vision so I can see where to go, what I need to do.  With this image, help me to live what it will take to get there.  Help me to trust in my own abilities.  Help me to live what I have asked for.  Bring joy and clarity to my journey."  
                                                                                                               ~~By Stephen R Covey  


LaLaLolita

No comments:

Post a Comment