Saturday, February 25, 2012

"7 Habits of Highly Effective People"

February 25, 2012........

I've been reading about the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and I see how in some areas I'm effective and in others I am not.  I am a work in progress and I welcome progression in my life.  What it tells me is that I don't have it all figured out and I embrace the journey of discovery.  I am enjoying my life today, the adventures I find myself on in trying to become a highly effective person, searching for that which would give me security in knowing that I am giving my life as it is today the best that I can give it.  I enjoy taking time out of my day to learn and grow with no inhibitions and even if I do have them, I am continuing the process in order to know that I have fulfilled that which I have purposed to do.

In our "Leadership Academy" we teach from the 7 Habits, what I am enjoying is learning about the habits, as well, putting myself in subjection to following the habits like I talk to the students about.  We met on Thursday and we talked about the first habit, being proactive, the teen version and what being proactive means verses being reactive and I must say that I have to work on this daily, most days I fall short of the goal of being a proactive highly effective person, however; I want to be that person.  A woman with vision and purpose.

I like the energy that I get from the students, they keep me grounded and inspire me to be better and do more, as much as they think that I push them to be the best, to do more, to be better.  They equally do that for me.  I can't say something with my mouth and not have my actions and deeds produce what I am saying.

The more I study these habits, the more I want to walk, exercise, work out and be healthy.  I am finding peace, comfort and solace on this journey thanking God daily for the air I breathe.....

I plan on finding the most exciting places to walk and sharing pictures as soon as I know how to post all of those things I will share them.

I am on my way out the door to enjoy the wonderful day that awaits me outside.  I can hear the birds singing to me, it's like music to my ears.  I love it!!



"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit"   ~ By Aristotle


"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor."  ~ By Henry David Thoreau


"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."  
~ By Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment