Sunday, May 24, 2015

"The Simple Things!"

May 23, 2015


"The Simple Things!"

     I was at home today lying on the bed and I just wasn't feeling my linen.  Yearly, I'll change the linens from one season to the next, out with the winter, in with the spring and eventually summer,year after year.  

     Well, I was lying on the bed today and I just wasn't feeling the linens at all.  So off to the store I go.  I get there and to my surprise the marketers have decided what I was going to put on my bed because EVERYTHING was paisley something or other!  Don't get me wrong, paisley has it's place but I wasn't feeling some of what was going on with the Bold, heavily covered paisley prints.  What I thought would be retail therapy was turning out to be retail let me outta here!

     After much contemplation, thread counting, pillow hunting, micro fibering, six sheet sets verses four and me calling on the name of Jesus for HELP!!!!!  I load up my car and home I go.  

     I couldn't wait to get home to rip them old sheets and comforters off the bed and pull the new ones out of the bags!  I ripped open the bags, pulled out the sheets and commenced to creating a work of art.  Making up my bed was me in creation mode.  I was the "Potter" and my sheets, comforter and pillows were the "Clay!"  

     Therapy 101!  

Ladies & Gentlemen, before me lies my canvas, my bare KING size mattress awaiting a stroke of genius, begging to be adorned with lavish, luscious attire! I put the fitted sheet on (first stroke) with a  soft mauve beautifully striped piece.  Next, (second stroke) I lie atop of it with the flat sheet.  I then pull out the comforter, (third stoke), I have a white comforter with soft grey loose paisley styled designs on it.  I'm feeling in between my fingers a soft, luxurious comforter that looks completely different on the bed than it did in the package. It's beautiful!  The set came with three additional smaller pillows, 2 white and 1 that matches the comforter (fourth stroke).  I put the head rests on the bed (fifth stroke).  I untie a set of soft grey big square pillows as additional accessories for the back drop (sixth stroke).  I put the new King size pillows into the mauve colored pillow cases (seventh stroke) only to realize that I have an additional bonus that included two pillow shams that matched the comforter so I stuff them with the older pillows I already had,(eighth stroke).  One thing was missing, I purchased an accent pillow that is STUNNING!!!! It has a BEAUTIFUL Peacock on the front of it that has it's feathers laced with beads, crystals and needle work!  When you look at her she's giving you attitude! Strutting her stuff like she knows she's Da Truuuuf!  She has rich, vibrant, bold colors that popped the whole bed ensemble with flare and elegance!  She's so radiant that she had to get a name.  Her name is La La.  La La was the (ninth stroke) to my Masterpiece, my work of Art, my Picasso!!!  

     I get finish and all I can think of is; "I can't wait for Stephen to get home so that he can crawl up into these sheets after a hard day of work and melt!" 

     The moment of truth arrives, Stephen is home, I'm like a kid in a candy store.  I'm thinking; "Daddy, Daddy, come see what I did, look what I painted, how does it look, crawl in, tell me how does it FEEL?"

I look at his face and his lips didn't move.  I look at his eyes and they didn't light up and sparkle.  So I say; "Baby, will you reach behind the bed and see if I dropped my bottle of water?"  He moves ALL of the pillows and I'm waiting, thinking "YES!! he'll notice, he has to say something!" 

Notta, Nuttn Honey!!!  Lawwwwd Have Mercy!  In his defense, poor guy was just too tired to notice any dadgum pillows!!  I'll tell you what he said after he wakes up!!

     Was I disappointed, surprisingly I wasn't.  Here's why?  Because I needed that Oxygen!  I needed to have that mask put over my own face first.  I needed the therapy.  I needed to change the linens and I needed to bask in the feeling of sheer blissfulness!  

     This was my crowning moment!  This therapeutic moment was for Lolita.  Sometimes, the little things, the simple things can brings us joy unspeakable.  

Sometimes, just changing the linens may be the therapy you need!


I Love You!

Take Care,
Always, 
La La Lolita Lovely
     

    "The mind is indeed restless, Arjuna: it is indeed hard to train.  But by constant practice....the mind in truth can be trained.  When the mind is not in harmony, this divine communion is hard to attain, but the man whose mind is in harmony attains it, if he knows, and if he strives."
~ ~ Lord Krishna, from the Bhagavad Gita  

No comments:

Post a Comment