Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"Unlock Tomorrow, Today!"

May 13, 2014

    Today was a tough day!  I did a couple of things today that didn't come easy, however; I had to do that which was very difficult for me today.  In doing so, it allowed me to come from a place of No and step therefore into my Yes!

     I started radiation therapy today, I've been putting off my therapy since I was diagnosed with cancer for the third time back in October of 2013.  I know that in order for me to be a Walking Woman that Wins, I must start with my core.  I must start from the inside, and work my way out.  I could no longer stay true to myself and keep putting my health on hold, on the back burner, continuing day after day as if my life, my very existence wasn't at stake.  I could give you a thousand reasons as to why it was sooo important for me to be every where, doing everything but working on my treatments.  I could tell you about this project and that project, I could talk about this committee and that committee, but the truth is, it doesn't matter.  My truth knows that the busier I am, the more things I put on my plate, the longer it takes for the treatments, I wouldn't have to face the part of why I may be in this predicament in the first place.  Why am I over weight by 100 pounds?  Why don't I work out?  Why? Why? Why?

Yep, here I am again, looking at myself in the mirror and making the choice to choose my life today.  I'm tired of running away from myself, not doing the hard work, not working on what's really going on with Lolita.  By saying yes to Lolita, I had to say No to some other areas in my life that kept me busy and focused on everything and everybody but myself and my health.  It's tough for me to work a selfish program.  It's tough for me to do me without really thinking that I'm being selfish and self centered, but the truth is if I don't do that for once in my life, I may not be here at all.  I HAVE To Say Yes To The Best, Lolita!

God put before us life and death, I have decided that I am going to choose life!

"I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live."
~Deuteronomy 30:19

"Don't follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Loving You More Than Forever,
and Forever More I'll Always Love You!"
~Lolita Jackson




No comments:

Post a Comment